Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2015 Genealogy Blog Post Planner Now Available

Last year, I created a genealogy blog post planner with the hope that it would help me get a little more organized and consistent with my blogging. And you know what? It worked!

Sure, I wasn't perfect and there were times when I went too long between blog posts. But when I compare this year's blogging with the past two years, there definitely was an improvement in the quantity of my posts.

Click to enlarge
 As you can see (and click the images to enlarge for a better view), I have created seven columns titled Day, Date, Blog Post Ideas, Notes, Draft, Scheduled, and Posted. The header includes a hyperlinked URL to Geneabloggers for more great blog post ideas.

Click to enlarge
I color-coded each month for ease of use. Don't worry. If you want to change the colors, including going back to an all-white background, you can do so when you download this as an Excel file. In fact, you can personalize any part of this template. The only thing I've frozen are the headers, so that when you scroll down, you can always see them. Note this in the image below.

Click to enlarge
The image above also shows how I'm already using my 2015 Genealogy Blog Post Planner. You can see that I've started planning for Scanfest and Tuesday's Tips.

To get your own 2015 Genealogy Blog Post Planner, go to http://tinyurl.com/GBPP15. At the top of the page, click on File > Download As > Microsoft Excel. If you wish to keep this in your own Google Drive, download it first, save it to your computer, and then upload it to Google Drive. You can also request this template from me via email. Also, if you're an Evernote or OneNote fan, you can paste this into your notebooks (some formatting changes may occur).

If you like what you've found here, please repost it on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+, using the icons below. Happy New Year, and best of luck in your blogging!

Pin It

No comments: