Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Finds and Follows: 24 October 2014



October is usually the busiest month of the year for me, between working for my local school district and teaching genealogy classes for my local community colleges district. I plan to resume "regular programming" on this blog in mid-November.

Articles and posts that caught my eye:

National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair by Dick Eastman at Eastman's Online Genealogiy Newsletter

Juneau Archives Named for William L. Paul, Sr. written for the Juneau Empire - this is a familiar name from my childhood; the fact that this was announced the week of Alaska Day was not lost on me. How fitting!

Detroit News Archival Materials Moving to the State Archives of Michigan by Leland Meitzler at GenealogyBlog

Halloween Tales: "The New Wife and The Old" (Part 1 and Part 2) by Bill West at West in New England - there's nothing quite like a New England ghost story! You'll also want to check out New Hampshire's Haunted Halloween History by Janice Brown at Cow Hampshire

NUCMC and its cousins: "missing" manuscript locators by Paula Stuart-Warren at Paula's Genealogical Eclectica - I'd forgotten about this great resource!

The 2014 New England Geneablogger Bash (two posts by different bloggers: Heather Wilkinson Rojo at Nutfield Genealogy and Bill West at West in New England) - now this sounds like fun! Perhaps we should have a Pacific Northwest Geneablogger Bash?

Ebola, Disease Pestilence & Family History by Leland Meitzler at GenealogyBlog


My New Genealogy Follows at Twitter:

@URROOTS, @allrelatives, @GenealogyJambo, @ElaineHannon1, @ARSDGenealogy, @MichaelAOrrA, @FindMyKin, @sammymojo74, @mattburt1979, @genealogiah, @GENiSYSS


Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":

Follow Me

Check out my websites:


Online Historical Directories 


Online Historical Newspapers

Pin It

No comments: